Thursday, May 31, 2012

Time For A Game Of Twister

Left foot red, right hand green...
Yay for Memorial Day weekend!  I love three day weekends, even when I'm not going out of town.  Three day weekends mean that my Saturday is my own.  I don't have to run around getting all my errands done because I have a whole extra day to complete them.  I can sleep in, have whatever breakfast I want instead of the breakfast I have time for, and lollygag around until I get motivated enough to do something.

The Saturday before Memorial Day, I woke up after seven o'clock for the first time in a long time.  I snuggled with my honey and contemplated lazing away the morning in bed.  I was feeling so well rested that I even decided to cook breakfast.  I made eggs over easy for my honey and scrammies with hammies for myself, as well as some toast for me and a yogurt for him.  I broke the yolks on both of the eggs I cooked for my honey.  But, in my defense, I like my eggs scrambled and I haven't been a breakfast waitress in almost a decade now.  My skills are a little rusty, to put it mildly.

Breakfast completed, my honey hopped into the shower while I awaited the arrival of our guest for the day.  Mrs. Mynd had asked me on Friday at work if I would mind watching her daughter, affectionately known as Princess Sassy Pants (or PSP) on her father's blog, while the older Mynds went to a rock climbing class.  Since PSP and I had gotten along so well when her parents were out of town earlier this month, I told Mrs. Mynd that I'd love to watch the kiddo.  The princess arrived at the house at about 10:30 complete with a breakfast from Panera.   I had shared with Mrs. Mynd that I was thinking of going shoe shopping on Saturday, so PSP had come over with no toys or games, but prepared to spend the day walking around shopping centers and malls with me.  As soon as I was ready to go, so was she.  Yippee!  A girlie day of shopping for shoes.  Does life get any better than that?  I think not!

Princess Sassy Pants was an awesome shopping partner!  She could glance at a pair of shoes I was considering and immediately offer an opinion about the height of the heel, sole thickness, or dressy quality of the shoe.  She quickly learned my shoe size and would scan the lower shelves looking for any shoe that we decided met the criteria.  It was like having a mini personal shopper!  We came up short at Famous Footwear and Payless.  I blamed our close parking space for the lack of acceptable footwear.  If there is a close parking space available, Murphy's Law clearly states that the store will not have what you want.  At Kohl's, we hit pay dirt and found two pairs of sandals.  Yay for cute shoes that won't brake my ankles!

We stopped and got lunch from Atlanta Bread on our way home.  We happily muched on soup and sandwiches before getting down to the very best part of the day.  The princess was in the mood to play a game.  Since I have no children of my own and all of my old childhood board games are still at my mother's house there was only one available game in the house to play.  Twister! 

Mrs. Mynd, the school secretary where I work, had given me Twister when some misguided soul donated it to the school for use as an indoor recess game.  Can you imagine the trips to the school nurse that could ensue from playing that game during indoor recess?  I shutter to think.  Needless to say, Mrs. Mynd decided the game was not for classroom use and sent it home with me one Friday when I was hosting a faculty happy hour.  Before you ask, it didn't get used then, either.

But, I digress.  PSP wanted to play a game and Twister was the only one to be had in the house.  The rest of the story is much better told through pictures than anything I could possibly think to say.

One of my honey's early defeats in Twister...

"Spin the spinner already.  I'm gonna fall!"

Twister meets Frogger

PSP wins again! 
This one happened so fast I could only get a blurry picture.
There are no pictures of me playing Twister with PSP, although I did play three rounds with her.  I was just smart enough to maintain control of the camera, even while I was playing.  We had a blast!

6 comments:

  1. That looked like fun, probably as much work as rock climbing.

    WG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was complaining about his legs hurting all the next day. Apparently, there are certain muscle groups used in Twister that some adults don't regularly use. :)

      Delete
  2. You win (not in twister, but in bloglife) http://itsmynd.com/2012/06/very-klever-he-kackled.html

    WG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just for the record, I TOTALLY beat PSP in Twister... Once... And only lost three times! I'm like Charlie Sheen - Full of win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, my honey finally started commenting on my blog again! Yes, we each beat her once, but she won the other nine rounds of Twister. She's just way more flexible than we are.

      Delete
  4. She might be more flexible, but I can totally lift like at least two times as she can...  So there!

    ReplyDelete