It's My Mind: How Did You Get In Here?
For some reason, this guy really loves my writing. It might have something to do with the fact that he is my honey's "brother from another mother". Okay, that might have something to do with it. I've also posted a couple of blogs about my adventures in babysitting his three kids. Another good reason why he follows my blog. Plus, I wrote a whole post about how I managed to get into his pants. Ding, ding. We have a winner!
Whatever the reason may be for his devoted following of my blog, I am honored to accept an award from him. Now, on to the award rules. No blogging award is ever complete without rules, right? I must answer 7 questions, give 7 fun facts about myself, and bestow this award on 7 lucky bloggers. Here goes nothing...
1. What is your favorite song?
"It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)" by R.E.M.
This has been my theme song ever since it was playing on the radio as I was driving home from my high school graduation.
2. What is your favourite dessert?
Lemon Meringue Pie, it's like me: tart and sweet at the same time.
What do you do when you're upset?
I stick my head in a book and escape to another world until I am ready to deal with the world I live in again.
4. Which is your favorite pet?
My beloved puppy, Roxy, of course. Though describing an eight year old, 130 lb. rottweiler/mastiff mix as a puppy is a bit of a stretch, I grant you.
5. White bread or whole meal?
Umm, who YOU calling white bread?! I'd prefer seeded Italian bread, please.
6. What's your biggest fear?
Oh, there are so many to choose from. Which should I pick? Sharks, snakes, Hannibal Lector from Silence of the Lambs, the dark. Yeah, I said the dark. Wanna make something of it?! Don't make fun of people with night lights. Night lights are cool!
your attitude most of the time?
Lately, frazzled seems to describe me best, but now that school is out I will strive for relaxed, calm, and happy.
Fun Facts About Lainey:
1. I had to take my driver's test five times before passing. My parents actually hired a private driving instructor to teach me how to parallel park because I kept hitting the stupid cones during the test. I may have a small depth perception problem.
2. My mental state is usually reflected in my surroundings. When I'm care-free and happy, my house tends to be clean and organized. When I'm stressed and unhappy, my home looks like a whirlwind tore through it.
3. I can cook, but I usually choose not to.
4. I have naturally curly hair, naturally spiral curly hair. I just wash it, add a little leave-in conditioner plus gel to fight frizz, let it air dry and POOF! Instant Shirley Temple curls.
5. I was a tomboy growing up.
6. It's a tie for my favorite food between chicken soft tacos and chicken marsala.
7. My favorite time of day is the ten minutes before my honey leaves for work.
And the Kreativ Blogger Award Goes To...
1. Gertie, the fearless heroine and online dating expert over at I Throw Hammers At Boys. Gertie graciously allowed me to guest blog about my dating experiences with my honey very early on in our relationship and after reading my posts, she wrote that I inspired her to believe in love again. She writes some genuinely thought-provoking and also side-splitting posts. I love her blog!
2. Morgan at Son of a Blogger because he gets excited when he realizes that people in other countries have read his blog (or at least done a google search and clicked on one of his pictures) and because he is open to suggestions about how to make his blog better, like changing the font so that older folks like his honorary aunt and uncle can read his posts more easily. Plus, he also writes some really funny blogs about pranks you can try out to annoy your siblings.
3. Ponyboy at Marriage In The Bedroom for being such a devoted follower of this blog and, though he doesn't know it, for helping to bring me and my honey together. I asked my honey, whom I wasn't yet dating at the time, to check out Ponyboy's blog when he became my follower to try and figure out what about my blog appealed to Ponyboy. (Ponyboy's blog is very different from my own in content and in G-rated-ness.) After looking at the blog about Leap Year Traditions, my honey asked me out for the first time. Thank you, Ponyboy! Your blog inadvertantly jump-started my love life. :)
4. Last, but certainly not least, the award goes to Jeff at Jay's Ramblings . Not only does this man write a blog that makes me smile and laugh, he has an amazing ability to write with his heart on his sleeve and bear his soul to the world via his blog. Not to mention, I'm head over heels in love with the man. That's right, my honey is the blogger behind Jay's Ramblings.
I was supposed to nominate seven people, but I don't read seven blogs. So, if you are reading this, please feel free to pass this award on to someone you know who could use a bump in page views, as well as a pat on the back.